I don't have much to report for today. Yesterday Hunter felt no more of the nausea from the middle of the night. Thank you, thank you, thank you for all of you who prayed on our behalf. We believe in prayer! He took his nausea cocktail before bed and slept very peacefully.
This is our last day of busulfan. He is currently getting bag 14 of 16. Tomorrow starts a combination of fludarabine {kills off immune system} and campath {anti-regection med} for the next 4 days. The nurses call campath "shake and bake" because it causes fever and chills as it goes in. Sounds fun, right? Then he gets a day of rest, and Friday his new cells are infused! In a couple days Hunter's blood counts and immune system will drop dramatically. Prayer warriors, please pray a hedge of protection over Hunter from infection.
While he still feels good, we are trying to keep busy and active. We have been doing yoga daily, walking the halls lots, and today we did a little weight lifting and squats. The nurses have been getting a kick out of all our antics, and our doctor told Hunter he was his best patient. Hanners do not sit still very well. What a man:)
The boys are spending the weekend with G-Daddy. There isn't many grandpas I know that would take on 3 little ones by himself, but our G-Daddy is pretty special. Hunter sent him a picture of our yoga, and we got a few in return. Love these guys! They also hit up their typical weekend eating spot, Pizza Inn, with Uncle Michael. Today they had a big morning at G-Daddy's farm. We are truly blessed to have a family that loves our boys and takes such good care of them. #teamHanneronthehomefront is taking care of business.
Love to all!





1 comments:
Jennifer... I know you don't really know me, I am Macey's Aunt Becky... Wanted you to know I am sending Prayers and positive thoughts your way on a daily basis... I am keeping up with ya'll through your blog and you are part of a very very special family...God's family...stay strong, be positive and lean on Him! Many blessings to all of you!!
Becky
Post a Comment