Thursday, May 1, 2014

Disney Day 1, Animal Kingdom

We got off to another earrrrly start our first day at the parks.  We had fast pass reservations for the safari ride starting at 8, and it was recommended we allow an hour for travel time.  Poor Clayton was still running on Texas time an hour earlier.  He loves to sleep in and could hardly keep his eyes open.

 We rented Hunter a scooter, and put it to good use all over the park.  It definitely hurt his pride, but we couldn't have gone as hard as we did without a scooter.  Benton rode with him, and that left me to push the 65+ pounds of twins (uphill always it seems) in the double stroller.  What a good workout;)

 Benton is one animal loving little dude, so he was pumped about the safari.  It was a pretty morning and lots of the animals were out and about.  Their habitats are pretty impressive!

 The trees were trimmed bare where they could reach!
Benton and a bloat of hippos (never knew their group name)

White rhino


I spy a hippo:)
After the safari ride, we did a walking tour and saw more animals.  We had to drag Benton along from reading every word on the exhibit signs.  Then we made our way across the park past the tree of life.  



The boys did not want to stop for a picture.  They were ready to see the dinosaurs!

Hunter and Benton rode the Dinosaur ride trying to escape from meat eating predators.  The twins weren't tall enough and probably would have been terrified, so we hung out and waited.  Benton's face was cracking me up!

 We rode the triceratops spin and stopped for a snack before heading to the play area.  I was exhausted chasing them up and down the stairs trying to keep up with 3 busy boys.  Their favorite was the rope climb.





 We went to Nemo the musical, which was amazing puppetry and so so cute.  By the time it was over, we were hot, hungry, tired, and ready to head back to the room.  We decided to skip our character lunch that was still 45 minutes away and made our way to the bus stop.  Only the bus was pulling away and the next one was 20 minutes away.  We sucked it up and went back inside and went to lunch.  I'm glad we did!
Clayton is definitely giving donald the stink eye.  He's too busy shoveling in bowls full of applesauce.

Benton was sooooo happy:)
Caleb on the other hand.....was not interested in anyone with a costume on coming within 5 feet of him.  He enjoyed them from afar though!

    

I ordered groceries for the week and picked them up after our day at animal kingdom.  The bellman who gave me a ride asked about why we were visiting, and I told him we were celebrating Hunter's one year anniversary of his transplant.  A few hours later, just before bedtime, a delivery arrived from Disney.  The boys were beyond excited with their stuffed animals and balloons.  I was happy to see the photo album and wore my "I'm celebrating" button proudly all week.  I'm a big nerd!  Talk about customer service!  
      

 We had a fabulous, fun filled, exhausting first day!  After naps we hit up the pool and swam until the sun went down.  I love making memories with our boys!


post signature

0 comments: