Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Snow Much Fun with Nana & G-Dad

Two days after Christmas a winter storm hit Texas!  I know our Canadian cousins are laughing that a little snow is a big deal, but there was a lot of fuss about "Goliath" down here.  After a day of rain/sleet, we woke up to a beautiful yard full of fluffy snow.  The boys had a fun morning of playing outside, and we also enjoyed the fire and watching movies all together.  











Benton wanted to build his own snowman, and had some "technical difficulties"



teaching him the art of the leftover turkey sandwich
Meanwhile.....these two decided it was perfect weather to head to the lake to duck hunt.  They were like little kids at Christmas.  In college they went multiple times a week, but it had been long overdue.  Chase was such a good sport to unload all the decoys, set everything up, carry all their gear, and then load it all back when they were finished.  I told Chase not let Hunter fall in the lake, or hurt himself on the ice, and that I needed a picture of them hunting.  He delivered on all:)  They said it was very cold!


We alternate holidays with our families every year.  Since we spent Christmas with my side of the family, we got together with the Hanners for New Years.  The week between Christmas and New Years is typically very busy in the car business, and this year was no exception.  We all spent the night with Nana and G-Daddy.  Lots of memories were made, and it was a fabulous way to ring in 2016.  I think it's the start of a great tradition!

American Ninja Warrior was on TV 

Love all these faces!!!


The boys rode their new scooters and tried out some Christmas gifts from Nana.  Helmets needed obviously!




Benton was loving sitting by Sadie and feeding her.  Sweet sweet girl!

And I loved every minute of Hank cuddles!
Aunt E might have had some sleep retraining to do after the holidays.  He just sleeps so much better in someone's arms:)
 Before the snow storm, I went and got all six of the Star Wars movies.  It was the perfect way to pass all that indoors time!  Our streets get slick with a layer of ice, and there's always tons of wrecks.  I'd rather just hole up and enjoy some good family time.  Hunter and I had never seen any of the Star Wars, and they boys LOVED them.  They have been using their imaginations building all kinds of space stations with their magformers and chose to get Light Sabers with their Christmas money from their Granny.  We even went to see the new one in the theater.  I love being a boy mom!

First they made their own out of TP rolls, paper, and tape
I was a little worried about the twins, but they did great!
All day, every day
And even in the car
Hunter might have a ordered himself a Yoda light saber to join in the fun!
 Whew!  If you made it through all of this post you must really like reading about our family;)  I love looking back on pictures of years past, so I guess I'll keep making time to update online.  As you can see, we've truly enjoyed our Christmas break spent with family.  We are incredible blessed to get to have this time together.  It feels like a second chance at life, and Hunter and I want to take full advantage.  God has been good to us!
post signature

post signature

0 comments: