Monday, November 15, 2010

Benton goes to school!

This year I decided Benton and I were both ready to enjoy a mothers' day out program at a local church. This is the same preschool that I went to growing up, and I had the opportunity to spend my Tuesdays and Thursdays teaching with my BFF and sister Michelle. We have 5 sweet babies in our class, and Benton is just across the building. I feel like I'm sending him off to college, but I guess time just flies!
Cousins first day picture
Benton and his tired looking momma


Off he goes with Mrs. Heather! A little part of me wanted him to be sad to leave me behind, but I was proud he did so well!

Checking out his new cubby
Here he is hanging with Mrs. Meridith and some little ladies. It is so fun to hear him talk about his school day. He is full of love for his teachers, his friends, and learning new things. I am always amazed at how much he picks up at school. He frequently sings the days of the week, has little prayers and songs from school memorized, and is all about the girls in his class. He must love circle times, because he can usually tell me about their Bible lesson for the day. On the day his class talked about Joseph, he told me on the way home "Joseph had a coat. His brothers were mean to him." He blows me away. I had to laugh when he could name all the girls in his class pic but told me "I don't know" for a few of the boys. His teachers rave about how smart and sweet he is, but of course his daddy and I already knew that :)


post signature

1 comments:

ajphillips said...

Loved all your updates! You must have been busy yesterday....I hope you are feeling much better today!