Thursday, March 12, 2015

Twins turn 4, Getting ready to come home!

 I'm sitting here waiting on Hunter to get his central line pulled to discharge for HOME!  I've got a few minutes (now hours uggg), so I thought I'd give a little update on our last few days.  Last Saturday was the twins fourth birthday!  Hunter still had a few days of rehab left, but he was able to get a day pass to check out of the hospital for the afternoon.  It was a great practice to being out for good, and we got to be all together for their birthday at the Wessel's house.  A few days before, I asked Debbie if we could eat lunch at their house.  We showed up to a fully decorated house with cake and pizza.  I shouldn't have been surprised.  The twins were so excited!

How are they four already?


These are good boys!

So thankful for Debbie!  She has held my hand and wiped away many tears.  It was a blessing to walk into her house that felt like home.  Benton is pretty smitten with her too!

I've learned so much about being a friend from Jenny!  They've take good care of us!






One is faking, one passed out-soon they were all snoring!
 So thankful for resilient boys.  Their world has been turned upside down the last two years, and they've handled it as well as possible.  This was the easiest goodbye.  Just five more sleeps until he's home!
Sending daddy back to the hospital for a few days!
 Hunter has had a busy last week at rehab.  He got his loaner wheelchair delivered, equipment delivered to the house, therapy and doctor appointments set up for next week, and final preparations in therapy.  After being here for six months Hunter has lots of goodbyes to say.  He went down to ICU last night so say thanks to some of the ladies who were with him in some of his darkest days.  They were so happy to hear his voice and see his arms move.  Most of them had never even heard his voice because he was on the ventilator or seen him move a muscle.  I will always remember each and every one of their voices that I talked to in the middle of the night checking on Hunter.  Nurses have a very special place in my heart.    


Our OT Scotty.  He was perfect for Hunter!

PT Edward and Bobbin-miracle workers!
 This morning we went down to ICU and found one of our favorite doctors.  Hunter was waiting for his central line to be removed, or he would have been there too.  It felt great to tell them we were coming home!  They worked hard to keep them alive in ICU, and we believe God put many talented and smart people in our lives.  We can't say enough about the caring staff at Zale Lipshy.

Hunter is the answer to thousands of prayers.  Pray for us as we transition home, and check back later for more pictures!  Goodbye Zale Lipshy, you've taken good care of us the last six months, but we're ready to be home!

post signature

2 comments:

Wanda said...

So happy and praising God for answered prayers! We will continue to pray for you all! Hunter looks great! Steve and Wanda Wages

Unknown said...

So thrilled to see Hunter is able to come home! Prayers continue for him to grow stronger everyday and for your family as you adjust to a new routine!