Saturday, March 30, 2013

Family Vacation

First of all, thank you so much for the outpouring of support following Hunter's story.  We cannot put into words how much we appreciate all the calls, messages, emails, texts, and those of you who shared our story with others who will pray.  We feel the love.  It is an incredible blessing to know we are headed to Houston with thousands of others in countries all over the world lifting us up!

Thanks also to Sharon of Redbud Designs who spruced up my blog.  I've know Sharon since our days in the youth group at church, and she is as sweet as she is creative.  Also, I've added a place on the blog to get email updates when I post updates on Hunter if you're interested.  Go to the "Follow by email" on the top right hand side of the page.

When we drove up, the look on his face was priceless.  Benton could not wait to get out of the car!
This last week we went on a trip just the five of us.  It was all a surprise to Benton, and we treasured every moment.  We started off at Dinosaur World, just outside Glen Rose, TX.  Benton was literally on cloud nine.  I've read more dinosaur books in the last two years than I ever thought possible.  He could not contain his excitement and just ran as fast as he could from dino to dino.  Precious memories!!!


This was our first dinosaur we encountered.  Benton told me "MOM they're so big!  I never imagined it like this!"

He's already running to the next one.  His enthusiasm brought joy to our heart!

My boys

Me and my little man, and two protoceratops.  I didn't even have to look that one up.  I have way more dinosaur knowledge than I need.

digging for fossils

Benton and the mighty T-Rex

Caleb was a good sport, happily tagging along.  We hit up the playground while Benton and Daddy looked at some bones

Clayton was really interested in the rocks along the trail.  He didn't much care for it when we moved him along from his rock gathering.

Happy Camper!

Our next stop was the Great Wolf Lodge.  The little swimming area was just perfect, and the twins were loving going down the slides and toddling back up the stairs to slide again.  












Who loves ice cream?

They all do!


Good night from the wolf den!
We also made stops at the Sea Life Aquarium, Legoland, and Rainforest Cafe.  The boys loved the aquarium, were a little small for legoland, and the twins were way scared at Rainforest.  Picture Caleb with his eyes squeezed shut each time the animals made noises, and Clayton with his head buried on my shoulder the entire meal.  He would not even look in the direction of the gorillas right next to our table.  Major fail.  We loved the Great Wolf, and were so happy to make some memories together before our time apart.
post signature

0 comments: