Monday, March 4, 2013

October Top Ten

My poor, poor blog.  Sadly, it's fallen to the wayside.  It's become the neglected stepchild to my much preferred social media, Instagram.  If you'd like a daily picture of our life, check my account (@jhanner).  However, I hate that it's been a year since I've posted here at the hanner fam blog regularly.  I still look back at Benton's posts from when he was younger, and shame on me for not documenting the last year of my boys' life.  Here's to new beginnings!  To make myself feel better about the last 6 months, I decided to compile a top 10 of each month.  Here we go....in no particular order....

1.  Honey and Poppa were selected to do the childrens' offering at church.  They asked if Benton would lead the prayer.  He was more than happy to oblige and had no problems marching up in front of the church and leading the sweetest little prayer.  We had to dress for the occasion, and brothers had to match:





2.  Elk hunting trip to Angel Fire:  The big boys drew elk tags this year in New Mexico.  The girls decided to spend the week at the cabin while the boys roughed it out on the mountain.  Fun was had by all, and we have freezer full of elk meat to enjoy all year.



3.  Family pictures:  Right before we left for Angel Fire, our friend Ashley  took our pictures.  I adore them, squinty eyes and all.

 4.  Halloween as the Robertsons.  Hunter is a duck hunter.  I love family themes.


 5.  Matching cousins:  Honey keeps us well dressed.

6.  Caleb and Clayton.  These two love each other (for the most part) and it has been a joy to witness the bond between them.  This picture was the first time I caught them with their arms around each other.

7.  Dinner with Laura Bush:  See her?  She's right behind Michael.  We got to meet the former first lady and get our photo taken with her.  We chatted about being twin mom, then she gave a really cool speech.
8.  Our duck dynasty bearded hats.  They didn't stay on for long, but sure were cute.


9.  Fall weather.  I am a firm believer that boys need outdoor play time every day.  It sure is more pleasant to be wearing shorts in October!

10.  The 10 year anniversary of our engagement.  Hard to believe that we're that old and it just seems like yesterday we were on our way to Tennessee and Hunter kidnapped me!
There you have it, I'm back on the blogging wagon! 
post signature

0 comments: