Thursday, May 22, 2008

Showers, Doctor, Wedding!

We've had a very busy last few weeks. In the month of May I've had two baby showers, written lots and lots of thank you notes, been a bridesmaid in a wedding, had several doctors appointments, and trying to survive the last few weeks of school. This post is a recap of all of the above.
I'll start with our church shower. Wow is all that I can say. Our wonderful friend M'chelle coordinated, baked, and decorated for Benton's shower. She used the nursery theme of cars at the shower and along with Macey and Erin made the very yummy cakes. We were overwhelmed at the gifts that just kept coming and coming. It took several truckloads to get everything to our house. We are now stocked in baby stuff!
Sorry these pictures are out of order. Here is a picture from the shower with M'chelle. The tummy is really starting to poke out.

One of my dearest friends since high school Katherine got married this past weekend. She was in our wedding, and I was honored to return the favor. She graduates from medical school at the end of the month, and is headed to Lubbock for the next five years. Here is me with Katherine, and Lisa our friend from old Wylie High. We happily dined at Hickory Street for the Bridal luncheon.

Thankfully, the dress we ordered in February fit with many, many alterations. Here I am with another high school friend Braid. Strangely, I didn't have any pictures on my camera of me with Katherine in her dress. I know the Rinards will be very happy together. It was so fun to be a part of their wedding.

Skipping around, here is a picture of Hunter with his gift from me.

He wasn't interested in carrying a diaper bag when he's on daddy duty, so I found him a Daddy Diaper Backpack. It came with a changing pad and all. He was so cute after the shower. We were sorting through all our goodies and I look over and he's got the swing put together, and was about to start on the high chair. What a good daddy he's going to be!

Back to the shower, this is the food table with all the hostesses. Notice the cakes with his name spelled out! So fun!

Michelle and Clara drove in for the long weekend. We had such a good time! I have loved being able to call her with all my strange pregnancy questions. For some reason, I think we look more alike in this picture than any I've ever seen.

We got so many homemade and thoughtful gifts. Honey and Pappa, along with Grandma and Grandpa Dods surprised us with our car seat and stroller. Jana (Nana) made a beautiful soft baby afgan and another pair of booties. Hunter's favorite gift was a pair of John Deer camo boots from Aunt Erin.

Lastly, yesterday we went back to the doctor for a 35 week sonogram. This trip we were accompanied by Jacki, Jana, and Erin. Benton looked very healthy and was blinking and his lungs were practicing breathing. He measured 6 pounds and 18 inches long. He is still breach, so yesterday the verdict was greater than 50 % for a c section. I guess we'll just take whatever comes. I know I've got lots of nurses around to help me recover.
Thankfully, tomorrow is our last Friday at school. We've run out of things to teach, so it's pretty torturous to babysit 21 six year olds. Even though we had a good old fashioned West Texas dust storm today, we still had our generous recess time. You can only stay inside this time of year for so long!
TGIF tomorrow!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

i finally got a few minutes of internet connection, and was thrilled you've updated TWICE since i've been able to get on. so much fun stuff has been going on the month of may!!

you are looking wonderful! i sent lots of gowns, nursing stuff, and pumps with honey along with a present for my precious nephew. call me when she brings it all over. i'm going to stay on top of my laundry so i can just throw it all in a suitcase when he's coming!

i'm so giddy thinking about it! love you!

Tanya said...

WOW, time is getting so very near. I can't wait to see pictures of your new bundle of joy.

Anonymous said...

Counting down the days until Benton is here!!! Can't hardly wait! Hugs & Kisses