Thursday, September 5, 2013

Day 131, Watch us on KTXS tonight!

We are loving being home with our boys!  The past three weeks have just flown by.  Before I get into all of Hunter's updates, I wanted to share that Hunter's God story will be on KTXS news tonight at 10. If you know me in real life, you know that I'm more reserved than outgoing, and don't really love the spotlight.  BUT, when Braid Blanks approached us to tell how our faith, family, and church got us through a very difficult time in our lives, we couldn't say no.  We never want to turn down an opportunity to shout from the rooftops how God has blessed our family. 


 In other exciting news, I turned 30 this past week.  We spent several nights in a row with friends and family alike.  My boys spoiled me properly;)  I also go to go out on the town with this fabulous group of ladies.  We have exchanged thousands of text messages, countless hours on the phone, and they took care of my kids for the four months we were gone.  I appreciate them more than they will ever know!

September 1st also marks the beginning of an important milestone in the Hanner household--hunting season.  Hunter is still on his blood thinners to resolve the clots in his shoulder and arm, so he won't be shooting a gun for a little while longer, just to be safe.  Our house sits between a grain field and a creek, so it's a pretty good spot to be for dove hunting.  The big Hanner boys came over for a cookout and dove shoot.  You just can't beat sitting in your front yard to hunt!


Red Ryder target practice


Fred is a veteren hunting dog.  He's sitting in his water dish to keep cool:)

Speaking of keeping cool, I've been trying to keep these three little monkeys from going stir crazy.  We have about six more weeks of being away from other kids, so feel free to share any ideas of places we can go to avoid the crowds and have fun!
I'm sad for Benton that he's not at school with his friends.  As we talked about missing his friends a few nights ago he told me "I love my friends but I love Daddy more."  I just love his little compassionate heart.  I often prayed that our kids wouldn't suffer or carry long term problems from our separation.  I will continue to be on guard, but I am so thankful that our boys seem to be well adjusted to their changing situations.  A lot of credit goes to my parents, Mark and Jana, and the rest of our families for loving them so well.

It's too hot in August to be doing anything outside that doesn't involve water!


Benton is doing so well without his floaties.  He's just growing up entirely too fast!




dirt+tractors=happy Hanner boys!

And the main reason I've been MIA from my blog....our house is officially free from diapers!  Caleb and Clayton have done such a good job in their big boy undies!  Hunter's doctors did not want him anywhere near a diaper for germ reasons, and Caleb had been begging for weeks before we got home to be a "big boy like Benton" so we just jumped right in to potty training.  Let me tell you, potty training twin two year old boys solo is no walk in the park.  But, we're surviving:)






Hunter had a checkup on Tuesday in Houston.  Mark drove him down Monday afternoon (I had no volunteers to keep my undie wearing twins for two days) and I stayed home with our guys.  He checked out PERFECT!!!  His hemoglobin increased to 12.8, his steroids dropped to 10 mg, and he is starting to transition off of some of his strong antivirals to a more mild version.  His liver is completely in the normal range.  We are so thankful for answered prayers!  And get this.....

HUNTER DOESN'T HAVE TO GO BACK FOR ONE MONTH!!!  He will have a blood draw in a couple weeks in Abilene, but we are free for four long weeks!  Next month he will begin the process of weaning off his rejection medications that keep him from fighting off infection.  We beg for your prayers for wisdom for his doctors in how to slowly decrease his medications.  They have to delicately approach this process because he runs the risk of graph vs. host disease (his body attacking his new cells).  After his good checkup, Hunter decided he was ready to go back to work for a few hours each day.  He will stay in his office with his door closed, and wear his mask.  The employees at Hanner Chevrolet are more like extended family, and Hunter could not wait to be back out there with them.  After 130 days together, it will be strange for me to be apart :(  We ask for prayers as Hunter ventures away from isolation at our house, that he will stay infection free.  


And last I leave you with a baby picture of Hunter.  I can't even believe what Mark and Jana have been through raised Hunter into the man he is today.  We are blessed to say that CGD is now in Hunter's past!  To God be the Glory!  And a big thank you to Braid for the opportunity to tell what God has done for us!  I will post the link after the story runs for all of you who live out of town.

post signature

3 comments:

sharp said...

You are a wonderful testimony to us all Jennifer. Bless the Lord for his goodness and unfailing grace. The Bible says "His faithfulness" is our protection. You journey is proof of that.

Patrick and Brandon'a said...

Praise God! Soooooo wonderful to see you all together & Hunter doing so well!! What an awesome opportunity to be on KTXS and declare the power of God in our lives. Thank you for your continued faithfulness & courage to openly share your faith & journey. May others be drawn to our Great God through you!

-Praying in Mexico

Mrs. Joyce said...

Hi, My name is Joyce McGlaun and I was Hunter's violin teacher for several years. Every time I drive by Mark and Jana's house, I pray for him. It's so good to see your story and know what God has done in your lives. He is always good! Praying for perfection in this journey to wellness and more blessings and favor than you can count.