Saturday, July 3, 2010

Hathorn Family Reunion

A few weeks ago we got together with my Dad's side of the family at the Abilene State Park for a weekend of camping and fellowship. It was great to catch up with aunts, uncles, and cousins we don't get to see too much. There were plenty of little ones running around who kept us hopping.
Our accommodation for the weekend was a yurt. Jacki described it as an air conditioned shelter with a fridge, microwave, bunk bed, and a couch. Based on this description, Benton and I decided that we would like to stay overnight even though we were only a few minutes from home. In reality the air conditioner blew lukewarm moist air and the fridge was slightly cooler than room temperature. I am definitely not the tent camper I once was! It made for pretty warm and sweaty nights, but we managed a great time. Benton enjoyed peeing outdoors on trees, being filthy dirty, eating yummy camping food, and being pulled for many hours in the bike trailer. We had a really enjoyable weekend, and can't wait until next year!








post signature

1 comments:

Honey said...

What a great little camper! I think everyone had a great time!