Sunday, April 26, 2009

Benton goes to the beach!

Last weekend my Uncle Tim got married.  Lucky for us, the wedding was at the beach on Padre Island.  Almost all Jacki's family gathered together for this fun occasion.  It was great to catch up with many cousins, aunts, and uncles who live elsewhere.  The weather didn't fully cooperate with my getting a tan plans, and the 6 1/2 hour drive with two babies wasn't great for my sanity, but it was great to see Tim and Lenora so happy.
Benton loved the beach.  The water was a little too cool, but he would have played in the sand all day.
Sadly, the best family shot we got.
Trying to figure out what he's looking at.
Daddy and Benton strolling
Wincing in pain I'm sure!
Cute babies and fun daddies
Squinty sister picture
Good thing Hunter doesn't read my blog.  He wouldn't appreciate this.
Getting dirty
Miss Clara wasn't a fan of the sand or water.  Pretty little girls don't like to be messy.
The boys raced.  Zach obviously got a head start.
Hurry Hunter!
The winners, but Hunter was about to catch them.
Loved the humidity induced curls on Clara girl.
Benton's entertainment at the reception.
I thought Clara was a vegetarian.  Not true, as the girl can put away the shrimp.
Sleepy Benton with the bride.

Michelle and I decided we got the short end of the stick this trip.  We had to take two cars because we all came.  Somehow, Honey and Poppa, Benton and Clara, and Michelle and I ended up in one car.  Nathan, Hunter, and Zach were in another.  In the middle of two crying fits, we call the boys.  What are they doing?  Shopping at Bass Pro.   Sounds fair right?  The boys all packed their fishing poles and made it down to the ocean to do some fishing a couple different times.  (While we were with the napping babies....but I'm not bitter....glad they have fun when they're together)  If you're a Texas Ranger, with Parks and Wildlife, or know a lot of fishing rules, stop reading here.

Check out what I woke up to after the boys fished long into the night.

Yes, a hammerhead shark in the bathtub.  I elected to take my shower in mom and dad's room.


3 comments:

Michelle said...

love all the beach pictures, especially the first one of you and benton. you are one hot momma!

flying to canada with the kids? a definite yes!

ajphillips said...

Oh My Goodness...I can't believe the shark thing! That's so something Jordan would do! Love all the pictures...sounds like fun! Good to visit with y'all tonight!

honey said...

Wonderful beach pictures! The little ones did pretty well on that trip - I remember much worse car trips!!! Love that little Benton boy, he is so precious!