Tuesday, February 3, 2009

This is one momma who is happy to be back at home today.  I've been doing middle of the year testing at school.  I read with all the second and first graders and it made for long days.  Many thanks to Nana for keeping Benton while I was at school.  Nothing like working to make you appreciate staying at home!  
My little baby is gone.  He has been replaced by this boy who is saying dada (we only practiced mama for months), drinking from a sippy cup, feeding himself puffies, and scooting backwards across the floor on his tummy.  That bum is starting to go up in the air....I'm enjoying watching him learn new things every day.
He is at such a fun stage right now.  Benton talks and babbles all day long.  He is such a good eater and opens up like a little bird for anything we put in his mouth. It doesn't take much to get a big smile and laugh out of him.
Here he is sitting in Hunter's rocking chair from when he was little.  Thanks Nana and G-Daddy we love it!
He is getting oh-so-observent of what's going on around him.  Fred is still our favorite entertainer.


Today he was sitting playing with his toy, but couldn't stop diving for the basket.  He is very good at getting from sitting to his tummy.  Finally I just put him in there with his toys.




I also got a picture in the basket of his poop face.  Couldn't bring myself to post it, but Hunter has already emailed it to himself at work.  I better not walk in his office and find it as the screen saver!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Precious, precious boy! Can't seem to get enough of him. Love the pictures. Glad you are getting to stay home this week!

hanner said...

Since Hunter is not supposed to use the pix as his screensaver, can G-Daddy? Just kidding!!! I look forward to keeping Benton again while you finish up your testing. Nana

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Our baby is changing and we are missing out. He is so precious. We got him a little fisherprice walking toy to help him learn to walk but if we don't come home soon he will be walking without it. Keep posting we love it ! Love u GGGwen GGGlen