For as long as I have known Hunter, the Hanner family has taken a trip to Montana the third week in September to hunt. Usually, that means a week apart for Hunter and I. However, this year since I was not working at school Benton and I got to go too. We enjoyed our time spent relaxing, introducing Benton to the Montana family, hunting, and working cows on the ranch.
Our morning began very early at the Abilene airport. Benton was not amused at being on the horse. The 6:00 am hour must not be his favorite.
The flight to DFW wasn't very full, so Benton had his own seat.
He enjoyed his flight. We were happy we beat Hurrican Ike out of Dallas. They were herding us quickly into our seats so we could leave before the wind and rain.
As expected, he was a happy and cheerful traveler. He was very surprised and thrilled to get a little snack going up and down so his ears wouldn't hurt. We probably put on a little weight traveling and eating 8 times.
Though Benton doesn't look it, he had a good time meeting the pilot. The rest of the pictures are a little out of order. Sorry, it's been a long week.
It was a big week at the ranch as they rounded up the cows to sell. It was fun to be there on the big payday. Here is Benton and I with Hunter's Uncle Steve at the corral.
Benton was very spoiled with at least four people fawning over him at all times. Here he is taking a nap with Nana on the deck hammock.
Bathtime in a new sink!
This is one of my favorite outfits. So cute!
How many babies get to sit in the middle of the table during dinners?
Here we are with some of the cows. Benton was a big help to his daddy.
Family picture
All that cow work makes a baby tired.
One person who was especially happy to see Hunter was 5 year old Colin. He always loves his time spent with big cousin Hunter. They spent lots of time together playing video games, yard darts, bow hunting, and fishing.
Here is a look typical of Benton. He is such a happy little guy. Who can resist this face???
Nana is quite taken with him. I think he already knows it. His feet became very funny and he did his first giggle. I haven't heard it since, but it was cute.
We spend some time shopping in town.
Here is squinty eyed mommy with the adorable baby. Love that smile!
Here is Hunter showing off his son to Grandpa John. We've figured out where the strawberry in his blond came from.
My boys going to church.
After the Texas summer, we were looking forward to some nice Montana weather. We had one cool night followed by unseasonable warm weather.
Benton was ready for the cold, maybe a little overprepared.
Benton and Great-Grandpa had some great talks. He also spent lots of time with Aunt Lynn, Keely, Brian, Aunt Michelle, Uncle Steve,Grady, Colin, Ethel, and Susan. We had a great time and I know in a few years he will be in on hunts with Daddy and G-Daddy. Can't wait until next time!




5 comments:
It was such fun to show off Benton with him mommy and daddy. Thanks for being such a great daughter-in-law. I am SO proud of you and Hunter. (And of course Benton!)
Love Nana
That is supposed to say HIS mommy and daddy.
Glad you had such a good time. I know the Montana family was glad to meet our little Benton. Sure did miss you all.
3 months and already travelling the country. Next year is Canada!! The world awaits you Benton. Love you much!
has he grown since then? love all the pictures! love having him here even more!
Post a Comment